2009-11-11

Treasures from the Silk Road: Bokja Design

This post is for all of you that go crazy with embroideries, silks and other sumptuous fabrics!

Bokja Design is the brainchild of Hoda Baroudi and Maria hibri, two lebanese textile artists, who decided to give new life to all the beautiful vintage fabrics they collected from voyages around the world.
Most of the colouful pieces are embroideries and other handmade fabrics from Central Asia. Suzani, ikat, brocade, ottoman sarma (embroidered velours) and chatma (printed velours) and other are reused for reuphostering furniture from all ages creating unique and whimsical objects full of shiny colours and contrasts.

Since I discovered them I couldn't stop looking at these gorgeous pictures.

Will I be able to create something similar myself?

Find more information and all pictures here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! It made my day. I love indian and oriental interior. I am glad you left a comment so I could find your blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin