2009-09-01

Sooo Healthy and Delicious! Georgian Beetroot Salad

Sometimes I'm still quite childish and just the idea to eat something just because it's said to be "sooo good for your health" makes me shiver. So when my beloved husband brought me a couple of beetroots from the market I immediately thought of something insipid and muddy - what should I do with this!?!
But I tried my best and chose a recipe from Georgia - thinking of walnuts and coriander made me forget the rest... and, it turned out delicious! Unbelievable.
So I learned my lesson not to judge beets without trying ;-)
Interested?
Take 3 medium beetroots, 1/2 onion, 3 garlic cloves, 200g of walnuts, 1 cup of fresh coriander leaves, 1/2 cup of flat-leaved parsley, 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, salt and pepper.
Boil the beetroots for 40 min. In the mean time cut all the other ingredients in a mixer, eventually adding some water. Rasp the boiled beets and mix it with the sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin